This hotfix enhances the security mechanisms of the Bluetooth service to make the Bluetooth communication more secure.
This hotfix can only be applied on Bell Touch that has the Bluetooth FTP service preinstalled.
Before installing, please first check to see if the FTP service is on your phone by going to the Start > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth
and verifying there is tab named FTP.
This HotFix will not survive a Hard Reset; if the device is Hard Reset, this file will need to be reinstalled to ensure Bluetooth Service Security.
- Download the "Bluetooth Security Hotfix" file to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC using the USB Data Cable.
- Establish a connection between the device and Activesync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista/Windows 7).
- Once connected:
- Activesync: Open the Explore option in Activesync on the PC.
- Windows Mobile Device Center select File Management > Browse Contents of the device > double click on your device.
- Drag the "Bluetooth Security Hotfix" file from your desktop to your device.
- On your device, go to Start > Programs > File Explorer and locate the “Bluetooth Security Hotfix” file.
- Tap on the file to begin the installation process.
- Note: If there is a pop-up message saying “This hotfix is not compatible with your device,” it means the device has applied the fix already or the device doesn’t have the BT FTP service and the device does not need the Hotfix.
- Once the installation process has completed, no further action is needed.