Answers to some common questions
Music + Videos is where all your music and videos are located. Music downloaded from Marketplace as well as music, videos and podcasts transferred from your computer can be found here. You can also listen to local radio stations through music + videos.
Marketplace is an online store where you can purchase and download apps, games, music or podcasts for your device.
NOTE: Marketplace contains many free applications, as well as applications that require a purchase.
Maps is the mobile version of Bing Maps. For more information, see the GPS category.
HTC Watch is an application that allows you to purchase/rent movies and TV shows, and then view them on your phone. A Watch account and a major credit card are required to purchase content. See the General and Others category for more information.
HTC Hub is an online store that allows you to download and install applications intended for your device from HTC, and also view personalized information such as weather, news and stocks. A Windows Live account is required to use HTC Hub. To access HTC Hub, tap the HTC Hub tile located on the Start Screen or from the Application list.
Help + How-to is an on-device user guide, giving you easy to access instructions to perform the most common features. To access Help + How-to, tap Help + How-to from the Application list.
Games is where you can see and access all the games installed on your device. You will also be able to see information about your gamertag such as your Xbox Live avatar and achievement points. To access games, tap the games tile located on the Start screen or from the Application list.
1. From the Start Screen, tap the right arrow located near the top right of your screen.
2. Tap and hold on the application you want to uninstall.
3. Tap uninstall to delete the application.
4. Tap yes to confirm.
NOTE: If you do not see an option to uninstall an application, it means that the application cannot be installed.
1. Tap Marketplace from the Start screen or Application list.
2. Navigate to the application that you want to install.
3. Tap the install/buy button.
4. If it is a paid app, the next screen will ask you if you want to confirm your purchase. Tap buy to continue.
5. The transaction will proceed with the install and you will be taken to the application screen where you will see a progress bar showing the install process.
6. Once the application is installed, you will only see a share button when viewing the app in the Marketplace.
Marketplace is an online store provided by Microsoft where you can download free and paid apps and games as well as music to be used on your device. To access Marketplace, tap the Marketplace tile located on the Start Screen or from the all Application list.