Answers to some common questions
• Ensure that the attached Excel file is not zipped. Your PDA phone may not
recognize and open zipped files.
• Excel files with long and complicated formulas may display incorrectly on your
Please contact Skype support or visit their web site.
Use Calendar to create scheduled or whole-day appointments, such as meetings, birthdays, gatherings, and outdoor activities. Tasks lets you create a to-do list with due dates, such as paying bills, things to buy, and so on.
The Quick Menu, located at the top right corner of the Today screen, lists all currently running programs. Tap the Quick Menu to switch between running programs and/or stop programs when you don't need them.
Do one of the following:
• If you are registered to a data network, select the Download while you're roaming
option on the Weather Options screen.
• Use Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet and download the latest weather information.
Weather information for the current day and the next four days of the week will be
Use File Explorer on your device to transfer Word documents directly from your computer to your device.
You can also choose to automatically synchronize your Word documents. To synchronize the documents automatically, follow this procedure:
1. On your computer’s ActiveSync, click Tools > Options and then select Files.
2. ActiveSync then creates a folder on your desktop where you can place files that you
want to sync. Place the files you want to synchronize in this folder. Note: Use
Windows Media Player to synchronize media files.
Assisted Global Positioning System was introduced to enhance performance. Conventional GPS then had difficulty providing reliable positions in poor signal conditions. For example when surrounded by tall buildings (as a result of multipath), or when the satellite signals are weakened by being indoors or under trees. Some newer receivers fare better. The resulting AGPS system, consisting of the integrated GPS receiver and network components, boosts performance beyond that of the same receiver in a stand-alone mode. (It will use a data connection and can cause connection fee). Besides, QuickGPS can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection.
To transfer Word documents from your PC to your PDA phone or vice versa:
1. Create a synchronization file folder on your PC/PDA phone, then place the
documents you want to transfer in this folder.
2. Synchronize your PDA phone with your PC. The documents will be transferred to the
PC/PDA phone automatically. You may also use File Explorer on your device to
transfer Word documents directly from your computer to your PDA phone.
Office Mobile programs are scaled-down versions of Microsoft Office programs for your PC. With Office Mobile, you can also create a new file, edit an existing file, or save a file with a new file name. However, Word Mobile and Excel Mobile only support simple editing functions, while PowerPoint Mobile only supports slideshow view function.
Make sure that the clock's Home setting is correctly set to the date and time of your area. Then, make the Visiting area's date and time setting the same as the Home setting.
When you are online in Windows Live Messenger, do the following:
1. Tap Menu > Change appearance.
2. Tap Menu > Account options.
3. Tap Switch account and login again.