No Purchase Necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
Eligibility: For the purposes of this Contest, the “Territory” means the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, China, Taiwan, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, Austria, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Singapore, India, and Mexico. This Contest is open only to natural persons who are, as of the date of entry, (i) a legal resident of a nation within the Territory and (ii) at least eighteen (18) years old and the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence (e.g., country, province, state, prefect, territory, district, etc.) (any and each, an “Individual”). Where distinction is not necessary, any Individual that enters or takes steps to participate in this Contest is referred to in these Terms as an “Entrant.”)
Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives of Sponsor or any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration, or fulfillment of this Contest, or any of their respective corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, and advertising, promotion, and public relations agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and any family member or member of the same household (whether or not related) of any such persons are not eligible to enter or win a prize in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, the term “family member” is defined as any spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, or in-law.
- Sponsor: HTC Corporation 308 Occidental Avenue South, Seattle, Washington 98104.
- Timing: The Contest begins on January 12, 2017 at 12:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PT"), ends on February 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- Entries: Eligible Residents may enter by completing and submitting their entry photo or design (the “Entry”) on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BrilliantU. Twitter and Instagram accounts must be public for eligibility.
Winner Selection: Judging Process. Eligible Entries received during the Submission Period will be evaluated as follows:
All eligible Entries will be reviewed and evaluated by Sponsor. The Sponsor will review all submissions and select their favorite design. The favorite design shall be awarded the grand prize, and two runners up will be selected for the second and third favorite design, each as selected Sponsor in its sole discretion and each subject to the individual prize winner’s compliance with these Official Rules. Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria: adherence to the theme, originality, composition, and technical execution.
The Sponsor will evaluate eligible Entries on or around February 22nd, 2017 or on a timetable otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor will notify each potential winner approximately seventy two (72) hours in advance of any official announcement of the nomination by Sponsor and if necessary, request any additional information from the nominated Entrant to determine eligibility. If the Sponsor does not hear back from the nominated Entrant within forty eight (48) hours, an Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest.
Sponsor or its designee will attempt to notify the potential winners by email on or around February 23, 2017 (All dates and times as measured in the US Pacific Time Zone.) Each potential winner may be required to complete, execute, have notarized (if applicable), and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), tax documents/, and related prize-acceptance documents (collectively, “Prizewinner Documents”) within the time frame specified and in the form provided by Sponsor, without revision, or prize may be forfeited. The Prizewinner Documents, if applicable, must be received by Sponsor from the potential winner within five (5) days of Sponsor sending the documents to the potential winner (or other time frame as stated in the Prizewinner Documents) or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If any notification or other Contest-related communication is returned as undeliverable, or if a selected potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond as instructed after Sponsor has attempted to notify that potential winner, that selected potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting and in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. The prize claim and Prizewinner Documents are subject to verification by Sponsor. In the event there are fewer eligible Entries received by Sponsor than there are stated Finalists or prizes in these Terms, Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer Finalists to the second round of judging or to award fewer prizes (as applicable) in accordance with the number of eligible Entries actually received. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than one (1) alternate winners (time permitting) for any prize for any reason.
If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide the requested information within the required time period or cannot accept the prize, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner. Only one (1) alternate winner will be selected, after which the prizes will remain un-awarded.
Prizes: No cash or other substitution shall be permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. If a prize is mailed, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of prizes after product is available in open market.
Grand Prize: the first prize winner will be entitled to receive round trip economy class airfare to the HTC design offices in either San Francisco or Taipei (at Sponsor discretion) for an HTC tour and the opportunity to work in HTC’s design lab to create a custom HTC wallpaper design. Trip includes two (2) nights hotel stay, $100 per diem, HTC U Ultra device, winner’s photo and/or wallpaper design featured on HTC.com, and inclusion in #BrilliantU HTC Theme pack.
Runner up 1 shall be entitled to receive: HTC U Ultra device, submitted photo featured on HTC.com, and inclusion in #BrilliantU HTC Theme pack.
Runner up 2 shall be entitled to receive: HTC U Ultra device, submitted photo featured on HTC.com, and inclusion in #BrilliantU HTC Theme pack.
Retail value of prize package is approximately Four Thousand Nine Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($4950) at the maximum.
The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Limit: One (1) prize per person.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Ownership/Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, Entry, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and/or province) for all promotional purposes in any media, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s web domain at http://www.htc.com, social channels, etc. on a worldwide basis, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) the Contest is governed by the laws of Washington State and that all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
Winner List: For a winner list, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the follow address within three (3) months of contest end date:
308 Occidental Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98104